I love making my own granola! I get to blend my favorite flavors, keep the sugar content reasonable, and eat the big clumps while they’re fresh out of the oven. I use this granola to make yogurt parfaits, to eat with fruit for breakfast, or to munch on during road trips.
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds or pecans
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, such as cranberries, raisins, blueberries, mango, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- In a large bowl, combine agave nectar, oil, and salt. Add the oats, nuts, chia seeds, and brown sugar.
- Mix well and pour onto a sheet pan, patting into an even layer.
- Cook for 35 to 45 minutes, stirring two to three times to brown the granola evenly.
- Remove from oven and add dried fruit. Mix to distribute dried fruit while granola is still warm.
- Allow to cool, then store in an airtight container.