Note from Elizabeth: Ready to see Brie’s results from her 3-month assessment?
Hey guys! Thanks so much for hanging in there with me over this last 12 weeks or so. Those of you who have follow my 3 month fitness journey know that I have talked about several things. So, I have decided to list for you the things that have been critical in my success in this journey thus far. . .
- Begin Somewhere – I have learned through this experience and through working with Elizabeth that you have to start somewhere and your starting point may be different than my starting point and that is ok!
- Nothing Happens Overnight – This is a lifestyle change. This is a total metamorphosis in my thinking, the way I address food, and the way I see myself in the mirror.
- You are Doing Way Better Than You Think – No matter how difficult the exercise may be, or how long it takes you to complete something, please realize that your perception of how your doing and the reality of how you are doing can be, at times, quite different.
- Make a Plan – If you are wanting to change something in your life, whether it’s diet and food, or exercise, or taking up another healthy activity, you must set aside time and places for your activities. So, if Monday and Thursday are cardio days at the gym, then that’s what it is.
- Become Your Own Superfan – Be your own cheerleader. Encourage yourself and celebrate achievements responsibly. No one is going to appreciate your hard work the way you do, so treat yourself well.
I want to share some exciting progress with you. This past week Elizabeth and I did an assessment – the same assessment that we did the very first day I worked out with her. My assessment results are as follows: down 16 lbs of fat (-9.5 lb on the scale), 1 inch on each arm, 7.5 inches in the waist, and 2 inches on the hip! Additionally, I was able to do twice as many bicep curls and sit ups, 5 times as many should presses, and more than twice the time on wall sitting. I’d say those are pretty awesome results! Wouldn’t you?